Mac Software Developer
Based in Espoo | Posted November 8, 2022
Technology is an indispensable part of our daily lives. But how do you find the devices that will deliver the best performance for your professional and personal needs?
At UL, we develop industry-standard benchmarking software for PCs and mobile devices. Our benchmarks are used throughout the industry to measure, compare, and manage hardware performance. Leading technology companies, hundreds of press publications, and millions of people around the world rely on 3DMark, PCMark, Procyon and VRMark benchmarks to make fair and accurate hardware comparisons. Get to know us at https://benchmarks.ul.com.
We are looking for a Mac Software Developer to join our growing Procyon development team. We create the industry's most trusted and widely used benchmarks for desktop computers, notebooks, tablets, smartphones, and VR systems. Our development culture values innovation and personal initiative. We are looking for a developer who is able to design, implement and maintain reliable cross-platform solutions using modern working methods and quick release cycles.
You will be working in a team of passionate and highly skilled engineers that take pride in developing high-quality software.
What you'll do
- Design and develop new benchmark tests from start to finish.
- Design and develop new applications to support our benchmark development.
- Collaborate with engineers from our industry partners.
Your skills and experience
Position is available at both junior and senior level. Relevant experience is important, but we are good at recognizing talent in those who are starting their career.
- At least 5 years of experience in software design and development using XCode, Visual Studio for Mac
- Experience with MacOS native software development
- Enthusiastic attitude to technology and software development.
- Good written and spoken English.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or a related field.
- Java development experience.
- Understanding Microsoft Windows programming or willingness to learn
- Strong hobby projects, or contribution to an open source project or similar.
- An interest in the latest PC and mobile hardware is a plus.
What's in it for you
- You’ll have a meaningful impact on the way people compare and choose the devices they rely on every day.
- You’ll have the power to make decisions and play a key role in shaping the future of benchmarking.
- Work with and learn from the best in the industry.
- Freedom and autonomy to select the tools and methods you use to do your job.
- We will provide the environment and resources you need to succeed.
- You’ll work at the cutting edge of new technology, an excellent opportunity to improve your existing skills while learning new ones.
- Work-life balance. We insist you have a life.
- Be part of our community. Even if you work full time remotely, we can arrange fun stuff with the team.
UL is a global safety science organization with more than a century of expertise and innovation in the fields of product safety testing, inspection and verification services. UL partners with businesses, manufacturers, trade associations, regulatory authorities, and governments to play a key role in the development and harmonization of national and international standards.
We create 3DMark, Procyon, PCMark and VRMark, the world’s most popular benchmarks. We work with leading technology companies to develop benchmark tests for PCs, notebooks, tablets, smartphones, and VR systems. Our software is used throughout industry, by hundreds of press publications, and by millions of people around the globe. Find out more at https://benchmarks.ul.com/.