BAPCo and MadOnion.com release SYSmark 2002
January 31, 2001
Compatible with Windows XP®, simple installation with trial run option
Santa Clara, CA – January 31, 2001 – The latest implementation of industry standard benchmark tools, SYSmark® 2002, was released today by BAPCo®, a non-profit consortium of leading computer industry publications, independent testing labs, PC hardware manufacturers, semiconductor manufacturers and software publishers.
SYSmark 2002 provides an application-based benchmark that accurately reflects usage patterns for business users in the areas of Internet Content Creation and Office Productivity.
SYSmark 2002 supports Microsoft® Windows® XP (Professional and Home), Windows® 2000 and Windows® Millennium Edition. MadOnion.com™ a leading provider of PC benchmark software and performance information services will provide marketing support and distribution for SYSmark 2002.
SYSmark 2002 is used to:
- Measure and compare PC performance based on real applications by PC OEM's, hardware and software developers, IT departments, system integrators, publishers and testing labs;
- Forecast future desktop computing needs by Information technologists and computer industry analysts.
- Windows XP support
- One-click installation on Windows XP
- Automated error reporting
- Command line support (installation and execution)
- Trial run option
- Internet Content Generation: Adobe Photoshop® 6.01, Adobe Premiere® 6.0, Microsoft Windows Media Encoder 7.1, Macromedia Dreamweaver 4, and Macromedia Flash 5
- Office Productivity: Microsoft Word 2002, Microsoft Excel 2002, Microsoft PowerPoint 2002, Microsoft Outlook 2002, Microsoft Access 2002, Netscape Communicator® 6.0, Dragon NaturallySpeaking Preferred v.5, WinZip 8.0, and McAfee VirusScan 5.13.
SYSmark 2002 is available for $199.95 USD. Please visit here (Powered by MadOnion.com) to order SYSmark 2002. The benchmark was developed and is fully supported by the current BAPCo membership.
About Business Applications Performance Corporation (BAPCo®)
BAPCo’s - Business Applications Performance Corporation - current members include CNET, Compaq, Dell, Hewlett-Packard, IBM, InfoWorld, Intel, Microsoft, VNU Business Publications Limited (UK), and ZDNet. BAPCo is a non-profit consortium with a charter to develop and distribute a set of objective performance benchmarks for personal computers based on popular software applications and operating systems.
MadOnion.com is the leading provider of PC benchmark software and performance information services. MadOnion.com™ is known around the world for its benchmark products, including the 3DMark® Series and Video2000 (with more than 26 million copies distributed, worldwide). MadOnion.com™ has offices in Saratoga, California and Helsinki, Finland. For more information, please visit www.madonion.com
Note to Editors:
BAPCo, and SYSmark are registered trademarks of The Business Applications Performance Corporation. MadOnion.com™ is the trademark of MadOnion.com. All other names mentioned are trademarks, or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
For more information, please refer to www.bapco.com or www.madonion.com or contact:
Executive Vice President, Sales
SYSmark®2002 Extended Features Outline
- Modern usage model: SYSmark 2002 is organized as scenarios, which are designed to reflect snapshots of “a day in the life” of an Internet Content Creator and Office Productivity Applications user
- Popular applications: SYSmark 2002 includes a robust set of 14 applications covering a wide range of Internet Content Creation and Office Productivity application categories. The SYSmark 2002 workload emulates usage patterns of today’s desktop business user that includes concurrent execution of multiple applications
- Current application versions: Applications have been updated to include Office XP, PhotoShop 6.01 and Windows Media Encoder 7.1
- Internet Features: SYSmark 2002 tests performance of a PC executing a wide range of popular operations using leading Internet Content Creation applications
- Average Response time metric: Response time of Applications to user interaction is used as a performance metric rather than end-to-end run time. Users care most about the response time of the application to input
- Concurrency Performance: BAPCo has extended its state-of-the-art benchmarking technologies by devising methods (first introduced with WebMark 2001 and SYSmark 2001) for accurate and realistic measurement of concurrent tasks. SYSmark 2002 uses scenarios where background applications that detect viruses, compress files, encode video and convert speech to text run concurrently with other business applications
- Realistic execution speed: The benchmark runs at realistic execution speed, with think times between application interactions, in order to emulate a desktop user’s interaction with the operating system and applications. The think time emulates a desktop user’s interaction with the operating system and applications. Operating system behaviour is more realistic when application interaction has think times (just like a real user) as the OS can devote itself to other housekeeping activities (like memory management, scheduling etc)
- Reliable and Repeatable Results: SYSmark 2002 implements standardized testing through an automated, point-and-click Benchmark Manager with reporting guidelines to ensure reliable, repeatable results
- Multiple OS Support: SYSmark 2002 supports Windows XP (Professional and Home), Windows 2000 and Windows Millennium Edition
- Non-US English OS Support: Supports European Windows Operating systems (Dutch, French, German, Italian, and Spanish), Japanese and Chinese
- Compare Results: SYSmark 2002 includes the ability to collect and store performance data for user-specified projects; ability to compare user results with a wide range of vendor and testing lab results available publicly on BAPCo’s web site at www.bapco.com
- Automated generation of BAPCo’s Full Disclosure Report (FDR) for ensuring consistent reporting of results
- Comprehensive System Performance Testing: Benchmark workload content carefully developed to reflect accurate and realistic usage patterns covering a wide range of functionality within each application
- Extensive validation across multiple hardware and software configurations to ensure consistent and reliable performance measurement results
3DMark adds new SSD benchmark for gamers
November 10, 2021
Benchmark PC performance with Microsoft Office apps
October 4, 2021
UL benchmarks are ready for Windows 11
September 29, 2021
3DMark update adds new Steam achievements, trading cards, and more!
September 27, 2021
Reduce the risk of data loss with Testdriver Storage Health Test
August 26, 2021
Experience DirectX 12 Ultimate with 3DMark
August 25, 2021
New CPU benchmarks for gamers and overclockers
June 24, 2021
New security and reporting features in Testdriver Cloud Edition
May 25, 2021
PCMark for Android adds new Work 3.0 benchmark with 64-bit support
May 12, 2021
New 3DMark benchmark for Windows, macOS, iOS and Android
May 3, 2021
New 3DMark test measures mesh shader performance
February 11, 2021
Announcing end of support for PCMark 8, 3DMark Sky Diver, and VRMark for Android benchmarks
December 16, 2020
Easy PC health monitoring for IT professionals
December 3, 2020
New benchmarks from UL help content creators choose a PC
November 30, 2020
Enhancing 3DMark benchmark results with game performance data
November 25, 2020