Futuremark 're-lists' selected Samsung devices in 3DMark rankings
March 24, 2014
Did you know that 3DMark is the only Android benchmark backed by a public set of rules for manufacturers? Or that Futuremark was the only benchmark developer to remove devices from its performance rankings when reports of Android benchmark boosting first came to light last October?
We knew that delisting would send a message to manufacturers. We hoped it would encourage them to be fair and honest with their customers.
We are happy to say that our actions have paid off.
After conducting our own testing, we can confirm that the Galaxy Note III and Galaxy S IV now conform to our benchmark rules when running the Android 4.4 update provided by Samsung.
Today's 3DMark Android update returns both models to the 3DMark Device Channel where you can compare over 900 Android smartphones and tablets.
Samsung Galaxy S IV
- 3DMark scores are valid when using Android 4.2.2, 4.4.x or later.*
- Delisted when using Android 4.3 or 4.3.1.
Samsung Galaxy Note III
- 3DMark scores are valid when using Android 4.4.2 or later.*
- Delisted when using Android 4.3.
*Provided that the device is running the official update released by Samsung.
Results from delisted devices are not included in 3DMark rankings. Delisted devices appear without scores at the bottom of the 3DMark Device Channel.
What's new in 3DMark Android v1.3.1439
- Added the ability to selectively delist devices based on Android version.
- Delisted Samsung devices that comply with Futuremark benchmark rules after being updated* have been relisted in the 3DMark Device Channel.
- Samsung Galaxy S IV: scores are valid when using Android 4.2.2 and 4.4.x or later.
- Samsung Galaxy Note III: scores are valid when using Android 4.4.2 or later.
*Provided that the device is running the official update provided by Samsung.
- Fixed a bug that prevented downloads on devices set to use Turkish language.
3DMark is a free Android benchmark app available from Google Play.
3DMark adds new SSD benchmark for gamers
November 10, 2021
Benchmark PC performance with Microsoft Office apps
October 4, 2021
UL benchmarks are ready for Windows 11
September 29, 2021
3DMark update adds new Steam achievements, trading cards, and more!
September 27, 2021
Reduce the risk of data loss with Testdriver Storage Health Test
August 26, 2021
Experience DirectX 12 Ultimate with 3DMark
August 25, 2021
New CPU benchmarks for gamers and overclockers
June 24, 2021
New security and reporting features in Testdriver Cloud Edition
May 25, 2021
PCMark for Android adds new Work 3.0 benchmark with 64-bit support
May 12, 2021
New 3DMark benchmark for Windows, macOS, iOS and Android
May 3, 2021
New 3DMark test measures mesh shader performance
February 11, 2021
Announcing end of support for PCMark 8, 3DMark Sky Diver, and VRMark for Android benchmarks
December 16, 2020
Easy PC health monitoring for IT professionals
December 3, 2020
New benchmarks from UL help content creators choose a PC
November 30, 2020
Enhancing 3DMark benchmark results with game performance data
November 25, 2020