Futuremark 're-lists' selected Samsung devices in 3DMark rankings
March 24, 2014
Did you know that 3DMark is the only Android benchmark backed by a public set of rules for manufacturers? Or that Futuremark was the only benchmark developer to remove devices from its performance rankings when reports of Android benchmark boosting first came to light last October?
We knew that delisting would send a message to manufacturers. We hoped it would encourage them to be fair and honest with their customers.
We are happy to say that our actions have paid off.
After conducting our own testing, we can confirm that the Galaxy Note III and Galaxy S IV now conform to our benchmark rules when running the Android 4.4 update provided by Samsung.
Today's 3DMark Android update returns both models to the 3DMark Device Channel where you can compare over 900 Android smartphones and tablets.
Samsung Galaxy S IV
- 3DMark scores are valid when using Android 4.2.2, 4.4.x or later.*
- Delisted when using Android 4.3 or 4.3.1.
Samsung Galaxy Note III
- 3DMark scores are valid when using Android 4.4.2 or later.*
- Delisted when using Android 4.3.
*Provided that the device is running the official update released by Samsung.
Results from delisted devices are not included in 3DMark rankings. Delisted devices appear without scores at the bottom of the 3DMark Device Channel.
What's new in 3DMark Android v1.3.1439
- Added the ability to selectively delist devices based on Android version.
- Delisted Samsung devices that comply with Futuremark benchmark rules after being updated* have been relisted in the 3DMark Device Channel.
- Samsung Galaxy S IV: scores are valid when using Android 4.2.2 and 4.4.x or later.
- Samsung Galaxy Note III: scores are valid when using Android 4.4.2 or later.
*Provided that the device is running the official update provided by Samsung.
- Fixed a bug that prevented downloads on devices set to use Turkish language.
3DMark is a free Android benchmark app available from Google Play.
3DMark Adds iOS Support to Solar Bay Ray Tracing Benchmark
September 11, 2023
UL Solutions Launches 3DMark Solar Bay, New Cross-Platform Ray Tracing Benchmark
August 14, 2023
3DMark is now also available on Epic Games Store
June 20, 2023
Procyon® Is Addressing the Demand for Better AI Capabilities with Newly Launched AI Benchmark
June 15, 2023
Lenovo Focuses on Optimizing PC Hardware Testing with Procyon® Benchmarks
May 9, 2023
New Office Productivity Battery Life Scenario Released Today From Procyon®
May 4, 2023
Procyon® from UL Solutions Launch MacOS Benchmarks for Multi-Platform Score Comparison
May 2, 2023
3DMark adds feature test for AMD FSR.
March 30, 2023
UL Procyon® AI Inference Benchmark for Windows Released 22nd March 2023
March 20, 2023
3DMark NVIDIA DLSS feature test adds DLSS 3 support.
October 19, 2022
3DMark Speed Way is now available
October 12, 2022
3DMark Speed Way is launching on October 12.
October 10, 2022
New 3DMark feature test for Intel XeSS.
October 5, 2022
New UL Procyon Battery Life Benchmark for Windows PCs
June 30, 2022
Peek inside the 3DMark Speed Way graphics engine
March 24, 2022