Senior Graphics Software Engineer - 3DMark
Based in Espoo, Uusimaa, Finland | Posted October 10, 2023
We are looking for a Senior Graphics Software Engineer to grow our 3DMark team. You will play a key role in developing new benchmark tests for 3DMark - our flagship benchmarking application that is used by millions of gamers around the world.
This is an opportunity unlike any other. The work we do is aimed for technology and hardware that will not exist for some time, and you will have the opportunity to witness first-hand the first stages of everything new in the world of 3D graphics. The challenges this introduces are unique and fascinating.
Creating new benchmarks will involve many interesting challenges using new APIs and hardware features. Thanks to our partnerships with AMD, Intel, Microsoft, NVIDIA, and other world-class companies you will be working at the bleeding edge of technology.
UL benchmarks help people measure, understand and manage computer hardware performance. We create the industry's most trusted and widely used benchmarks for desktop computers, notebooks, tablets, smartphones, and VR systems. 3DMark — The Gamer’s Benchmark — is used by hundreds of press publications and millions of gamers, overclockers, and system builders around the world.
- Design and develop new benchmark tests from start to finish.
- Introduce new features to our rendering pipeline.
- Create best-practice code for new APIs and hardware features.
- Collaborate with engineers from our industry partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Mathematics.
- At least 5 years of experience in software design and development using C++.
- At least 3 years of experience in real-time computer graphics.
- Experience with profiling and optimizing GPU and CPU code.
- Extensive familiarity with DirectX 12, Vulkan or Metal.
- Familiar with the math commonly used in real-time rendering.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience in software development for multiple platforms.
- Strong understanding of desktop or mobile GPU and CPU architecture.
- Experience with low-level vendor-specific optimizations.
- Good understanding of artist tools and methodologies.
- Experience with common game engines.
What's in it for you
You'll work with equally talented programmers, artists, designers and engineers in an environment that's friendly and casual. We work in small, self-managed teams that control their own time. You'll enjoy a great deal of autonomy and responsibility while making a significant and visible contribution to our software and services.
Working at the cutting edge of new PC and mobile technology will give you an excellent opportunity to improve your existing skills, while learning new ones. We offer varied and interesting challenges and work with many of the world's leading technology companies.
We respect the importance of work-life balance and are committed to providing a relaxed, comfortable and healthy working environment. Above all, we value creating great things. We also provide a possibility to work fully remote.
This is a rare chance to join a successful global company that is number one in its field. Since 1997 UL Benchmarks has helped millions of people understand the technology they rely on every day. Apply now and help us build and improve our services and products.
A global leader in applied safety science, UL Solutions transforms safety, security, and sustainability challenges into opportunities for customers in more than 100 countries. UL Solutions delivers testing, inspection and certification services, together with software products and advisory offerings, that support our customers product innovation and business growth.
The UL Certification Marks serve as a recognized symbol of trust in our customers' products and reflect an unwavering commitment to advancing our safety mission.
We help our customers innovate, launch new products and services, navigate global markets and complex supply chains, and grow sustainably and responsibly into the future.
From the adoption of electrification to the enablement of 5G and new mobility, we collectively look toward new frontiers, working for a safer world. Our science is your advantage
Mission: Working for a safer world