Major Update to Shattered Horizon Released
February 11, 2010
Major Update to Shattered Horizon Released
Futuremark Games Studio Adds New Features Requested by Community
Helsinki, Finland February 11, 2010 - Futuremark® Games Studio today released a major update for Shattered Horizon, their PC exclusive multiplayer first-person shooter. The update adds some of the most requested features from the games active community, including voice chat, a new rank system, tutorial content, 5:4 monitor support and point limited servers as well as fixing several bugs and issues. The games menus and audio have been given an overhaul and as an added bonus the studio has also released the soundtrack from Shattered Horizon to the community as a free download.
"This update which includes voice chat and other popular suggestions gathered directly from our community makes Shattered Horizon a better experience for all our players," said Jaakko Haapasalo, producer at Futuremark Games Studio. "And with four new levels coming soon in the free Moonrise content pack Shattered Horizon will soon be even better value too."
The four Moonrise levels are set around the shattered Moon, taking the fight deeper into space and showing a new side to the conflict. The screenshots released today show hints of exotic new locations: an MMC cargo ship lured into a trap by the ISA, a huge mass driver installation, the broken remains of a luxury lunar hotel and fragments of what was a massive communications dish on the Moon.
Significant New Features:
- Added in game voice chat support.
- Improved ranking system better tailored to both new and existing players.
- Cosmetic changes to players suit as rank is gained help distinguish between new and experienced players.
- Tutorial screens added to main menu.
- MPR grenades have been made more effective against flying targets.
- HUD targeting brackets no longer appear on spawning astronauts.
- Level loading, team selection and match results screens have been redesigned.
- All game audio has been re-mastered to improve dynamic range.
- Added support for 5:4 monitor resolutions such as 1280x1024.
- Servers can now be set to limit access to players above, below or between configurable point thresholds.
- Server browser list now refreshes player count, level and ping every few seconds. Dead servers are removed from list.
- Added Melee Only (MO) option to server configuration options.
- Fixes for several game and server bugs.
For the complete list of new features, changes, bug fixes and optimizations please visit the Futuremark Games Studio forums: http://futuremark.yougamers.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1318583
Soundtrack available as a free download:
By popular request, Futuremark Games Studio has released the soundtrack for Shattered Horizon composed by Markus "Captain" Kaarlonen of the band Poets of the Fall as a free download from the games official website: http://www.shatteredhorizon.com/media/soundtrack
About Shattered Horizon
Shattered Horizon is the innovative first game from Futuremark Games Studio that immerses you in the cold reality of zero gravity combat in space.
- Multiplayer first-person shooter set in near-Earth space 40 years from now.
- Experience intense zero gravity combat and complete freedom of movement. Use your rocket pack to fly freely through space then land on any surface.
- Join your friends in action-packed 32 player battles fighting to control hollowed-out asteroids, huge fragments of Moon rock and the ruined remains of the International Space Station.
- Four new levels coming soon in the free Moonrise content pack.
Shattered Horizon requires DirectX 10, a DirectX 10 compatible video card, and Windows Vista or Windows 7. There is no support for Windows XP or DirectX 9. Suggested retail price: 19.95 / $19.95 / £14.95
Shattered Horizon is available now from Steam and the official website: http://www.shatteredhorizon.com/buynow
Information for Editors
Shattered Horizon Press Kit: http://bit.ly/SH_PressKit
Trailers and screenshots: http://www.shatteredhorizon.com/media/
Keywords and Suggested Tags
Shattered Horizon, Futuremark Games Studio, first-person shooter, FPS, zero gravity, multiplayer, PC, video game, DirectX10, Windows 7, NVIDIA TWIMTBP, patch, update
About Futuremark® Games Studio
Futuremark® Games Studio, wholly owned by Futuremark® Games Studio, wholly owned by Futuremark® Corporation, was formed in January 2008 to create original games with new and entertaining gameplay. Shattered Horizon is the studios first self-published game. Shattered Horizon is rated Teen by the ESRB and 16 by PEGI. The game carries the NVIDIA®: The Way It's Meant To Be Played seal. Futuremark is based in Helsinki, Finland and maintains a sales office in Saratoga, California. For more information, please visit http://www.futuremark.com.
© 2010 Futuremark® Corporation. Shattered Horizon and Futuremark® Games Studio trademarks and logos, Futuremark character names and distinctive likenesses, are the exclusive property of Futuremark Corporation. The names of other companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Company ContactsFuturemark Press Room RSS Feed
Europe and rest of the world:
Jukka Mäkinen, CEO, Futuremark
Phone: +358 20 759 8250 (GMT +2)
Oliver Baltuch, President, Futuremark Inc.
Phone: +1 408 517 0910 (PST)
UL Procyon® AI Inference Benchmark for Windows Released 22nd March 2023
March 20, 2023
3DMark NVIDIA DLSS feature test adds DLSS 3 support.
October 19, 2022
3DMark Speed Way is now available
October 12, 2022
3DMark Speed Way is launching on October 12.
October 10, 2022
New 3DMark feature test for Intel XeSS.
October 5, 2022
New UL Procyon Battery Life Benchmark for Windows PCs
June 30, 2022
Peek inside the 3DMark Speed Way graphics engine
March 24, 2022
Introducing the Build & Benchmark bundle
March 3, 2022
Get ready for 3DMark Speed Way
February 28, 2022
New languages for 3DMark and an improved Storage Benchmark result screen
December 10, 2021
3DMark adds new SSD benchmark for gamers
November 10, 2021
Benchmark PC performance with Microsoft Office apps
October 4, 2021
UL benchmarks are ready for Windows 11
September 29, 2021
3DMark update adds new Steam achievements, trading cards, and more!
September 27, 2021
Reduce the risk of data loss with Testdriver Storage Health Test
August 26, 2021