Windows Software Engineer
Based in Espoo, Uusimaa, Finland | Posted October 30, 2023
Technology is an indispensable part of our daily lives. But how do you find the devices that will deliver the best performance for your professional and personal needs?
UL benchmarks help people measure, understand and manage computer hardware performance. We create the industry's most trusted and widely used benchmarks for desktop computers, notebooks, tablets, smartphones, and VR systems. 3DMark — The Gamer’s Benchmark — is used by hundreds of press publications and millions of gamers, overclockers, and system builders around the world.
We are looking for a Windows Software Developer to join our growing Procyon development team. We create the industry's most trusted and widely used benchmarks for desktop computers, notebooks, tablets, smartphones, and VR systems. Our development culture values innovation and personal initiative. We are looking for a developer who is able to design, implement and maintain reliable cross-platform solutions using modern working methods and quick release cycles.
You will be working with a team of passionate and highly skilled engineers that take pride in developing high-quality software.
- Design and develop new benchmark tests from start to finish
- Design and develop new applications to support our benchmark development on all aspects of an application’s life cycle
- Collaborate with engineers from our industry partners
- Analyzing data to make development decisions
Who you are
- You are passionate about technology
- You are quick learner who loves new challenges
- At least 5 years of experience in software design and development using C# or C++ in a Microsoft Windows desktop environment.
- You have worked in project teams using the Agile/Scrum methodology.
- You have successfully delivered products to customers.
- You are familiar with concepts such as UI programming, multithreading, and unit tests.
- Good communication skills.
- For being passionate about computer performance
- For Java development experience
- For Adobe products, Microsoft Office products, or other popular industry-standard programs
- For scripting software automation
- For web development
What’s in it for you
- You’ll have a meaningful impact on the way people compare and choose the devices they rely on every day.
- You’ll have the power to make decisions and play a key role in shaping the future of computer performance benchmarking.
- Work and learn with a team where everyone is enthusiastic and always wanting to help others.
- Lot’s of freedom to select the tools and methods you use to do computer performance benchmarking.
- We will provide the environment and hardware you need to succeed. You will have possibility to build your own pc if you wish to
- You’ll work at the cutting edge of new technology, an excellent opportunity to improve your existing skills while learning new ones.
- We encourage a healthy work-life balance, with flexible working hours
- Be part of our community. Launch parties and weekly breakfasts at the office. Even if you work full-time remotely, we can arrange online team events.
- Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn’t new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply engrained in everything we do. You will shape the way we approach and deliver our solutions to promote safe living and working environments for people everywhere.
- People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and you’ll almost always hear, “the people”. Work with colleagues, who you can listen and learn from and challenge each other so that you can continually push for excellence and results.
- Interesting work: Your work at UL will challenge you to try fresh approaches, be empowered to drive change and help you gain in-depth experience in your field. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
- Grow & achieve: Growth and development are part of our DNA. Grow & achieve with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages as well as a technical training track for applicable roles.
UL is a global safety science organization with more than a century of expertise and innovation in the fields of product safety testing, inspection and verification services. UL partners with businesses, manufacturers, trade associations, regulatory authorities, and governments to play a key role in the development and harmonization of national and international standards.
We create 3DMark, PCMark and VRMark, the world’s most popular benchmarks. We work with leading technology companies to develop benchmark tests for PCs, notebooks, tablets, smartphones, and VR systems. Our software is used throughout industry, by hundreds of press publications, and by millions of people around the globe. Find out more at https://benchmarks.ul.com/.
Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns daily. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our every day. This is our normal. Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, visit UL.com