One benchmark for all your hardware
3DMark includes everything you need to benchmark your PC and mobile devices in one app. Whether you're gaming on a smartphone, tablet, notebook, or a desktop gaming PC, 3DMark includes a benchmark designed specifically for your hardware.
With more tests coming soon, we've given 3DMark a new interface that's faster, more flexible and easier too use. What's more, you can now get faster downloads and save storage space by choosing to install only the tests you need.
Better benchmarking with 3DMark
The right test every time
We've made it easy to find the right test for your PC. 3DMark automatically scans your hardware & recommends the best benchmark for your system.
Choose your tests
3DMark grows bigger every year with new tests. When you buy 3DMark from Steam, you can choose to install only the tests you need.
Detailed charts show you how the CPU and GPU temperatures, clock speeds, and the frame rate changed during your benchmark run.
Explore your PC's performance limits with custom benchmark settings. You can change the rendering resolution and quality across a range of settings.
DirectX 12 benchmark tests for gaming PCs
3DMark Time Spy is a DirectX 12 benchmark test for Windows 10 gaming PCs. Time Spy is one of the first DirectX 12 apps to be built the right way from the ground up to fully realize the performance gains that the new API offers.
With its pure DirectX 12 engine, which supports new API features like asynchronous compute, explicit multi-adapter, and multi-threading, Time Spy is the ideal test for benchmarking the latest graphics cards.
- DirectX 12 benchmark for Windows 10.
- Renders at 2560 × 1440 resolution.
- Includes a Demo, Graphics tests, and a CPU test.
Time Spy Extreme
Time Spy Extreme is a new 4K DirectX 12 benchmark test, available in 3DMark Advanced and Professional Editions. You don't need a 4K monitor to run it, but you will need a GPU with at least 4 GB of dedicated memory.
With its 4K Ultra HD rendering resolution, Time Spy Extreme is an ideal benchmark test for the latest high-end graphics cards. The CPU test has been redesigned to let processors with 8 or more cores perform to their full potential.
- World's first 4K DirectX 12 gaming benchmark.
- Renders at 3840 × 2160 (4K UHD) resolution.
- New CPU test, ideal for processors with 8 or more cores.
For high performance Windows gaming PCs
Fire Strike is a showcase DirectX 11 benchmark for modern gaming PCs. Its ambitious real-time graphics are rendered with detail and complexity far beyond other DirectX 11 benchmarks and games.
Fire Strike includes two graphics tests, a physics test and a combined test that stresses the CPU and GPU.
- DirectX 11 benchmark for gamers.
- Renders at 1920 × 1080 resolution.
- For high performance gaming PCs.
Fire Strike Extreme
3DMark Fire Strike Extreme is designed for multi-GPU systems and future hardware generations.
In addition to raising the rendering resolution, additional visual quality improvements increase the rendering load to ensure accurate performance measurements for truly extreme hardware setups.
- Enhanced for extreme hardware.
- Renders at 2560 × 1440 resolution.
- For systems with multiple GPUs.
Fire Strike Ultra
Can your PC handle 4K gaming? Fire Strike Ultra's 4K Ultra HD rendering resolution is four times larger than the 1080p resolution used in Fire Strike.
A 4K monitor is not required, but your graphics card must have at least 3GB of memory to run this monstrously demanding benchmark.
- The world's first 4K gaming benchmark.
- Renders at 4K UHD resolution (3840 × 2160).
- The most demanding 3DMark test ever.
For gaming laptops and mid-range PCs
3DMark Sky Diver is a DirectX 11 benchmark for gaming laptops and mid-range PCs. Use 3DMark Sky Diver to benchmark systems with mainstream graphics cards, mobile GPUs, or integrated graphics. It is especially suitable for DirectX 11 systems that cannot achieve more than single-digit frame rates in the more demanding Fire Strike test. Sky Diver is only available in the Windows editions at this time.
- DirectX 11 benchmark for mainstream PCs.
- Includes Graphics, Physics and Combined tests.
- Breathtaking demo with an original soundtrack.
For Windows notebooks and home PCs
Cloud Gate is a new test that is designed for Windows notebooks and typical home PCs. Cloud Gate includes two graphics tests and a physics test. Cloud Gate uses a DirectX 11 engine limited to Direct3D feature level 10 making it suitable for testing DirectX 10 compatible hardware. Cloud Gate is only available in the Windows editions of 3DMark at this time.
- Designed for typical home PCs and notebooks.
- DirectX 11 engine targeting DirectX 10 hardware.
- Includes two Graphics tests and a Physics test.
Cross-platform benchmarking for basic tablets and smartphones
Use 3DMark Ice Storm to compare basic tablets and smartphones. Ice Storm includes two Graphics tests to measure GPU performance and a Physics test to stress CPU performance. Ice Storm uses DirectX 11 feature level 9 on Windows. On Android and iOS, it uses OpenGL ES 2.0. You can compare scores across platforms.
Ice Storm Unlimited is a specialized offscreen test for making chip-to-chip comparisons of CPUs & GPUs.
Ice Storm Extreme
Use Ice Storm Extreme to compare low cost smartphones and tablets running Android, iOS and Windows.
Ice Storm Extreme raises the rendering resolution from 1280 × 720 to 1920 × 1080 and uses higher quality textures and post-processing effects in the Graphics tests.
API Overhead feature test
Compare the latest graphics APIs on your PC
Games make thousands of draw calls per frame, but each one creates performance-limiting overhead for the CPU. APIs with less overhead can handle more draw calls and produce richer visuals. The 3DMark API Overhead feature test is an independent test for comparing the performance of Vulkan, DirectX 12 and DirectX 11. See how many draw calls your PC can handle with each API before the frame rate drops below 30 FPS.
- Test Vulkan, (with Vulkan compatible hardware).
- Test DirectX 12, (Windows 10 required).
- Test DirectX 11, both single- and multi-threaded.
Check the reliability and stability of your PC
Stress testing is a good way to check the reliability and stability of your system after buying or building a new PC, upgrading your graphics card, or overclocking your GPU. It can help you identify faulty hardware or a need for better cooling.
If your GPU crashes, hangs, or produces visual artifacts during the test, it may indicate a reliability or stability problem. If it overheats and shuts down, you may need more cooling in your computer.
3DMark Professional Edition
The industry standard for graphics performance benchmarking.
- Licensed for business and commercial use.
- Includes all benchmarks and feature tests.
- Command line automation and scripting.
- Run custom Stress Tests from the UI or command line.
- Verify driver implementation with the Image Quality Tool.
- Keep sensitive results private with the offline results option.
- Export result data as XML for further analysis and reporting.
- Priority technical support over email and telephone.
From $1495 per yearContact us for a quote Press license
A commercial license, granted with purchase of Professional Edition software or though our site licensing program, enables you to use a benchmark for all business purposes including performance testing, research and development, component evaluation, and competitor analysis. Please contact us if you would like to use 3DMark scores in your sales and marketing. You can purchase a single-seat license or a site license.
3DMark + PCMark 10 + VRMark from
The complete benchmarking bundle.Contact us for a quote
3DMark Advanced Edition
Unlock all benchmarks and additional features including Time Spy Extreme, Custom Run settings and Stress Tests.
- Includes all benchmarks and feature tests.
- Run Time Spy Extreme, our 4K DirectX 12 benchmark.
- Unlock Fire Strike Ultra and Fire Strike Extreme.
- Compare Vulkan, DirectX 12 and DirectX 11 API Overhead.
- Explore your PC's limits with custom settings.
- Test your PC's stability and cooling with Stress Tests.
- Get in-depth interactive performance graphs.
- Automatically save your results offline.
|OS||Windows 7||Windows 10, 64-bit|
|Processor||1.8 GHz dual-core CPU||1.8 GHz dual-core CPU with SSSE3 support|
|Memory||2 GB of system memory||4 GB of system memory|
|Graphics||DirectX 9||DirectX 12 with 3 GB of graphics memory|
|Hard drive||6 GB free space||6 GB free space|
To run every test, you will need hardware that supports DirectX 12 and DirectX 11.
To run Time Spy, you will need Windows 10, a GPU with DirectX 12 support, and a processor that supports SSSE3.
Windows 7 users must have Service Pack 1.
- Simplified Chinese