3DMark 11 version 1.0.4 released
February 28, 2013
3DMark 11 has been updated to version 1.0.4 and is now fully compatible with Windows 8. This update addresses compatibility issues and a few uncommon bugs. Benchmark scores are not affected and scores from this new version can be compared with scores from the previous version 3DMark 11 v1.0.3.
To get the update, download the 3DMark v1.0.4 installer from one of our partner mirror sites. If you are using the Steam version, 3DMark 11 will be updated automatically when you next restart the Steam client.
The major changes in 3DMark v1.0.4 include:
- Keyboard focus is no longer checked during the demo or when running the benchmark in a loop. Note that if the display switches to the desktop due to a popup window during the benchmark, the run will still be aborted as the display mode is no longer the same.
- 3DMark 11 now remembers the last custom resolution used.
- GPU count detection for multi-GPU systems is now correct even when SystemInfo is explicitly disabled.
- 3DMark 11 will now prevent Windows from entering Sleep during the test.
- The license key is now reset when the benchmark is reinstalled, allowing removal of invalid keys.
- SystemInfo updated to version 4.15 for full Windows 8 compatibility.
- Updated DirectX redistributable.
- Now using static Visual C++ 2010 runtime libraries to fix rare installation issues on some systems.
- Removed dependency on EvaDotNet.dll and EvaDotNet.DirectX.dll for GPU enumeration to fix compatibility issues with some systems.
- Fixed display initialization code that caused "SetFullscreenState failed: DXGI_ERROR_NOT_CURRENTLY_AVAILABLE" errors on some systems.
- Fixed several memory and texture leaks, improving stability during very long looping runs.
- The HUD timer no longer rolls over if a single test takes more than ten minutes. (Yes, this could happen during the Combined Test on some low end DirectX 11 cards.
Professional Edition only
- Fixed submitting saved files to 3dmark.com from the command line.
- Image Quality Tool no longer gives a cryptic error if the output directory does not exist.
If you experience any problems with this update, please let us know on our support page.
3DMark is now available in Traditional Chinese
January 21, 2020
Announcing end of support for 3DMark 11, PCMark 7, Powermark, 3DMark Cloud Gate, and 3DMark Ice Storm
December 19, 2019
Test SSD performance with new PCMark 10 Storage Benchmarks
December 11, 2019
New ways to test Variable-Rate Shading with 3DMark
December 5, 2019
Test Variable-Rate Shading with 3DMark
August 26, 2019
Variable-Rate Shading test coming to 3DMark
July 18, 2019
Test PCIe 4.0 bandwidth with 3DMark
June 25, 2019
New PCIe 4.0 test coming to 3DMark
June 11, 2019
PCMark 10 introduces a better way to test battery life
May 27, 2019
Now you can test PC performance with Microsoft Office apps in PCMark 10
May 27, 2019
New drivers enable ray tracing on NVIDIA GeForce GTX graphics cards
April 11, 2019
Google Stadia tech demo: cloud-based multi-GPU rendering
March 19, 2019
3DMark is now available on China’s largest games portal
March 11, 2019
UL contributes ray tracing expertise to new book
March 7, 2019
Two new benchmarks coming to PCMark 10
February 25, 2019