3DMark 11 version 1.0.4 released
February 28, 2013
3DMark 11 has been updated to version 1.0.4 and is now fully compatible with Windows 8. This update addresses compatibility issues and a few uncommon bugs. Benchmark scores are not affected and scores from this new version can be compared with scores from the previous version 3DMark 11 v1.0.3.
To get the update, download the 3DMark v1.0.4 installer from one of our partner mirror sites. If you are using the Steam version, 3DMark 11 will be updated automatically when you next restart the Steam client.
The major changes in 3DMark v1.0.4 include:
- Keyboard focus is no longer checked during the demo or when running the benchmark in a loop. Note that if the display switches to the desktop due to a popup window during the benchmark, the run will still be aborted as the display mode is no longer the same.
- 3DMark 11 now remembers the last custom resolution used.
- GPU count detection for multi-GPU systems is now correct even when SystemInfo is explicitly disabled.
- 3DMark 11 will now prevent Windows from entering Sleep during the test.
- The license key is now reset when the benchmark is reinstalled, allowing removal of invalid keys.
- SystemInfo updated to version 4.15 for full Windows 8 compatibility.
- Updated DirectX redistributable.
- Now using static Visual C++ 2010 runtime libraries to fix rare installation issues on some systems.
- Removed dependency on EvaDotNet.dll and EvaDotNet.DirectX.dll for GPU enumeration to fix compatibility issues with some systems.
- Fixed display initialization code that caused "SetFullscreenState failed: DXGI_ERROR_NOT_CURRENTLY_AVAILABLE" errors on some systems.
- Fixed several memory and texture leaks, improving stability during very long looping runs.
- The HUD timer no longer rolls over if a single test takes more than ten minutes. (Yes, this could happen during the Combined Test on some low end DirectX 11 cards.
Professional Edition only
- Fixed submitting saved files to 3dmark.com from the command line.
- Image Quality Tool no longer gives a cryptic error if the output directory does not exist.
If you experience any problems with this update, please let us know on our support page.
3DMark adds new SSD benchmark for gamers
November 10, 2021
Benchmark PC performance with Microsoft Office apps
October 4, 2021
UL benchmarks are ready for Windows 11
September 29, 2021
3DMark update adds new Steam achievements, trading cards, and more!
September 27, 2021
Reduce the risk of data loss with Testdriver Storage Health Test
August 26, 2021
Experience DirectX 12 Ultimate with 3DMark
August 25, 2021
New CPU benchmarks for gamers and overclockers
June 24, 2021
New security and reporting features in Testdriver Cloud Edition
May 25, 2021
PCMark for Android adds new Work 3.0 benchmark with 64-bit support
May 12, 2021
New 3DMark benchmark for Windows, macOS, iOS and Android
May 3, 2021
New 3DMark test measures mesh shader performance
February 11, 2021
Announcing end of support for PCMark 8, 3DMark Sky Diver, and VRMark for Android benchmarks
December 16, 2020
Easy PC health monitoring for IT professionals
December 3, 2020
New benchmarks from UL help content creators choose a PC
November 30, 2020
Enhancing 3DMark benchmark results with game performance data
November 25, 2020