3DMark 11 version 1.0.4 released
February 28, 2013
3DMark 11 has been updated to version 1.0.4 and is now fully compatible with Windows 8. This update addresses compatibility issues and a few uncommon bugs. Benchmark scores are not affected and scores from this new version can be compared with scores from the previous version 3DMark 11 v1.0.3.
To get the update, download the 3DMark v1.0.4 installer from one of our partner mirror sites. If you are using the Steam version, 3DMark 11 will be updated automatically when you next restart the Steam client.
The major changes in 3DMark v1.0.4 include:
- Keyboard focus is no longer checked during the demo or when running the benchmark in a loop. Note that if the display switches to the desktop due to a popup window during the benchmark, the run will still be aborted as the display mode is no longer the same.
- 3DMark 11 now remembers the last custom resolution used.
- GPU count detection for multi-GPU systems is now correct even when SystemInfo is explicitly disabled.
- 3DMark 11 will now prevent Windows from entering Sleep during the test.
- The license key is now reset when the benchmark is reinstalled, allowing removal of invalid keys.
- SystemInfo updated to version 4.15 for full Windows 8 compatibility.
- Updated DirectX redistributable.
- Now using static Visual C++ 2010 runtime libraries to fix rare installation issues on some systems.
- Removed dependency on EvaDotNet.dll and EvaDotNet.DirectX.dll for GPU enumeration to fix compatibility issues with some systems.
- Fixed display initialization code that caused "SetFullscreenState failed: DXGI_ERROR_NOT_CURRENTLY_AVAILABLE" errors on some systems.
- Fixed several memory and texture leaks, improving stability during very long looping runs.
- The HUD timer no longer rolls over if a single test takes more than ten minutes. (Yes, this could happen during the Combined Test on some low end DirectX 11 cards.
Professional Edition only
- Fixed submitting saved files to 3dmark.com from the command line.
- Image Quality Tool no longer gives a cryptic error if the output directory does not exist.
If you experience any problems with this update, please let us know on our support page.
Announcing end of support for PCMark 8, 3DMark Sky Diver, and VRMark for Android benchmarks
December 16, 2020
Easy PC health monitoring for IT professionals
December 3, 2020
New benchmarks from UL help content creators choose a PC
November 30, 2020
Enhancing 3DMark benchmark results with game performance data
November 25, 2020
New 3DMark test measures pure ray-tracing performance
November 2, 2020
New cross-platform benchmark for Android, iOS and Windows
October 15, 2020
Benchmark the AI performance of Android devices
September 21, 2020
Benchmark new NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30-Series GPUs with 3DMark
September 17, 2020
Introducing Testdriver Cloud Edition—Easy benchmark automation
September 15, 2020
Benchmarks.ul.com is now available in German
July 9, 2020
UL Delists MediaTek-Powered Phones with Suspect Benchmark Scores
April 15, 2020
PCMark 10 Storage Benchmarks add new language support
February 20, 2020
PCMark 10 benchmark shows performance improvement with new Microsoft Edge browser
February 6, 2020
3DMark is now available in Traditional Chinese
January 21, 2020
Announcing end of support for 3DMark 11, PCMark 7, Powermark, 3DMark Cloud Gate, and 3DMark Ice Storm
December 19, 2019