3DMark 11 version 1.0.4 released
February 28, 2013
3DMark 11 has been updated to version 1.0.4 and is now fully compatible with Windows 8. This update addresses compatibility issues and a few uncommon bugs. Benchmark scores are not affected and scores from this new version can be compared with scores from the previous version 3DMark 11 v1.0.3.
To get the update, download the 3DMark v1.0.4 installer from one of our partner mirror sites. If you are using the Steam version, 3DMark 11 will be updated automatically when you next restart the Steam client.
The major changes in 3DMark v1.0.4 include:
- Keyboard focus is no longer checked during the demo or when running the benchmark in a loop. Note that if the display switches to the desktop due to a popup window during the benchmark, the run will still be aborted as the display mode is no longer the same.
- 3DMark 11 now remembers the last custom resolution used.
- GPU count detection for multi-GPU systems is now correct even when SystemInfo is explicitly disabled.
- 3DMark 11 will now prevent Windows from entering Sleep during the test.
- The license key is now reset when the benchmark is reinstalled, allowing removal of invalid keys.
- SystemInfo updated to version 4.15 for full Windows 8 compatibility.
- Updated DirectX redistributable.
- Now using static Visual C++ 2010 runtime libraries to fix rare installation issues on some systems.
- Removed dependency on EvaDotNet.dll and EvaDotNet.DirectX.dll for GPU enumeration to fix compatibility issues with some systems.
- Fixed display initialization code that caused "SetFullscreenState failed: DXGI_ERROR_NOT_CURRENTLY_AVAILABLE" errors on some systems.
- Fixed several memory and texture leaks, improving stability during very long looping runs.
- The HUD timer no longer rolls over if a single test takes more than ten minutes. (Yes, this could happen during the Combined Test on some low end DirectX 11 cards.
Professional Edition only
- Fixed submitting saved files to 3dmark.com from the command line.
- Image Quality Tool no longer gives a cryptic error if the output directory does not exist.
If you experience any problems with this update, please let us know on our support page.
New drivers enable ray tracing on NVIDIA GeForce GTX graphics cards
April 11, 2019
Google Stadia tech demo: cloud-based multi-GPU rendering
March 19, 2019
3DMark is now available on China’s largest games portal
March 11, 2019
UL contributes ray tracing expertise to new book
March 7, 2019
Two new benchmarks coming to PCMark 10
February 25, 2019
3DMark adds DLSS performance test
February 4, 2019
3DMark Android v2.0.4589 update released
January 16, 2019
3DMark Port Royal ray tracing benchmark now available
January 8, 2019
Top overclockers set new records in 3DMark ray tracing benchmark
December 12, 2018
New trailer and release date for 3DMark Port Royal ray tracing benchmark
December 8, 2018
New ray tracing benchmark coming to 3DMark in January 2019
November 29, 2018
OPPO promises changes after 3DMark delisting
October 31, 2018
UL delists Oppo phones with suspect benchmark scores
October 18, 2018
New 3DMark benchmark for DirectX 12 integrated graphics
October 8, 2018
Two new benchmarks coming to 3DMark
September 20, 2018