Shattered Horizon Dedicated Server Released to Community
December 3, 2009
Shattered Horizon Dedicated Server Released to Community
Helsinki, Finland December 3, 2009 - Futuremark® Games Studio today released the dedicated server for Shattered Horizon, their multiplayer first-person shooter played in zero gravity. With dedicated servers PC gamers can choose how they want to play Shattered Horizon and who they want to play with, giving them greater protection from cheats, hackers and griefers and more control over the game's settings. http://www.shatteredhorizon.com/
The release of the dedicated server was accompanied by a minor game update and a new bundle offer from the Futuremark Store that includes Shattered Horizon and 3DMark Vantage Advanced Edition (Futuremarks DirectX 10 gaming benchmark) together for only $29.95 / 24.95. http://www.shatteredhorizon.com/buynow/
"PC gamers expect dedicated servers in a multiplayer game," said Jaakko Haapasalo, producer. "We have been working closely with selected hosting partners to ensure that the Shattered Horizon dedicated server includes the features that are most important to our community."
Dedicated server features
- GUI for creating custom level rotations, game settings and player limits.
- Custom server name, graphic and information URL.
- Optional password protection for private matches.
- Remote admin console accessible within Shattered Horizon game client.
- Configurable auto-team balancing.
- Configurable auto-kick / ban for team-killers and high-ping connections.
- Built-in anti-cheat detection with configurable auto-kick / ban.
- Admin manual kick / ban.
- Support for VAC.
- Registered servers can submit player stats and achievements to the official leaderboards (registration is optional and free).
- LAN game support.
- Supported operating systems: Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008. Note, DirectX 10 is not required for running a Shattered Horizon server.
Players and server hosting companies can download the Shattered Horizon server files now from the "Tools" tab within Steam.
Shattered Horizon Update 18.104.22.168
The release of the server is accompanied by a minor game update.
- HUD: Ammo count is no longer shown in scoped mode when running silent.
- HUD: When a player tries to capture a control point that is blocked by an enemy player the word Blocked will appear on the HUD.
- HUD: Chat is now enabled during silent running or while EMPed.
- Network protocol updated to support new server features.
- Added console for remote server control.
- Added "rules" section to in-game server browser, so players can choose servers with or without friendly fire or team auto-balancing for example.
- Server disconnect messages now include more information about the reason for disconnection for example, kicked for cheating, team-killing or high ping.
- Bug fix: Improved error handling during start-up logo videos.
About Shattered Horizon
Shattered Horizon is the innovative first game from Futuremark Games Studio that immerses you in the cold reality of zero gravity combat in space.
- Multiplayer first-person shooter set in near-Earth space 40 years from now.
- Experience intense zero gravity combat and complete freedom of movement. Use your rocket pack to fly freely through space then land on any surface.
- Join your friends in action-packed 32 player battles fighting to control hollowed-out asteroids, huge fragments of Moon rock and the ruined remains of the International Space Station.
- Four more levels coming soon in the free Moonrise content pack.
Shattered Horizon requires DirectX 10, a DirectX 10 compatible video card, and Windows Vista or Windows 7. There is no support for Windows XP or DirectX 9. Suggested retail price: 19.95 / $19.95 / £14.95 Available now from Steam and the official website: http://www.shatteredhorizon.com/buynow
New offer from the Futuremark Store: Shattered Horizon + 3DMark Vantage Advanced Edition value pack only $29.95 / 24.95
Information for Editors
Keywords and Suggested Tags
Shattered Horizon, Futuremark Games Studio, dedicated server, first-person shooter, FPS, zero gravity, multiplayer, PC, video game, DirectX10, Windows 7, NVIDIA TWIMTBP
About Futuremark® Games Studio
Futuremark® Games Studio, wholly owned by Futuremark® Games Studio, wholly owned by Futuremark® Corporation, was formed in January 2008 to create original games with new and entertaining gameplay. Shattered Horizon is the studios first self-published game. Shattered Horizon is rated Teen by the ESRB and 16 by PEGI. The game carries the NVIDIA®: The Way It's Meant To Be Played seal. Futuremark is based in Helsinki, Finland and maintains a sales office in Saratoga, California. For more information, please visit http://www.futuremark.com.
© 2009 Futuremark® Corporation. Shattered Horizon and Futuremark® Games Studio trademarks and logos, Futuremark character names and distinctive likenesses, are the exclusive property of Futuremark Corporation. The names of other companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Company ContactsFuturemark Press Room RSS Feed
Europe and rest of the world:
Jukka Mäkinen, Head of Futuremark Games Studio
Phone: +358 20 759 8250 (GMT +2)
Oliver Baltuch, President, Futuremark Inc.
Phone: +1 408 517 0910 (PST)
Benchmark new NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30-Series GPUs with 3DMark
September 17, 2020
Introducing Testdriver Cloud Edition—Easy benchmark automation
September 15, 2020
Benchmarks.ul.com is now available in German
July 9, 2020
UL Delists MediaTek-Powered Phones with Suspect Benchmark Scores
April 15, 2020
PCMark 10 Storage Benchmarks add new language support
February 20, 2020
PCMark 10 benchmark shows performance improvement with new Microsoft Edge browser
February 6, 2020
3DMark is now available in Traditional Chinese
January 21, 2020
Announcing end of support for 3DMark 11, PCMark 7, Powermark, 3DMark Cloud Gate, and 3DMark Ice Storm
December 19, 2019
Test SSD performance with new PCMark 10 Storage Benchmarks
December 11, 2019
New ways to test Variable-Rate Shading with 3DMark
December 5, 2019
Test Variable-Rate Shading with 3DMark
August 26, 2019
Variable-Rate Shading test coming to 3DMark
July 18, 2019
Test PCIe 4.0 bandwidth with 3DMark
June 25, 2019
New PCIe 4.0 test coming to 3DMark
June 11, 2019
PCMark 10 introduces a better way to test battery life
May 27, 2019