Futuremark 're-lists' selected Samsung devices in 3DMark rankings
March 24, 2014
Did you know that 3DMark is the only Android benchmark backed by a public set of rules for manufacturers? Or that Futuremark was the only benchmark developer to remove devices from its performance rankings when reports of Android benchmark boosting first came to light last October?
We knew that delisting would send a message to manufacturers. We hoped it would encourage them to be fair and honest with their customers.
We are happy to say that our actions have paid off.
After conducting our own testing, we can confirm that the Galaxy Note III and Galaxy S IV now conform to our benchmark rules when running the Android 4.4 update provided by Samsung.
Today's 3DMark Android update returns both models to the 3DMark Device Channel where you can compare over 900 Android smartphones and tablets.
Samsung Galaxy S IV
- 3DMark scores are valid when using Android 4.2.2, 4.4.x or later.*
- Delisted when using Android 4.3 or 4.3.1.
Samsung Galaxy Note III
- 3DMark scores are valid when using Android 4.4.2 or later.*
- Delisted when using Android 4.3.
*Provided that the device is running the official update released by Samsung.
Results from delisted devices are not included in 3DMark rankings. Delisted devices appear without scores at the bottom of the 3DMark Device Channel.
What's new in 3DMark Android v1.3.1439
- Added the ability to selectively delist devices based on Android version.
- Delisted Samsung devices that comply with Futuremark benchmark rules after being updated* have been relisted in the 3DMark Device Channel.
- Samsung Galaxy S IV: scores are valid when using Android 4.2.2 and 4.4.x or later.
- Samsung Galaxy Note III: scores are valid when using Android 4.4.2 or later.
*Provided that the device is running the official update provided by Samsung.
- Fixed a bug that prevented downloads on devices set to use Turkish language.
3DMark is a free Android benchmark app available from Google Play.
New drivers enable ray tracing on NVIDIA GeForce GTX graphics cards
April 11, 2019
Google Stadia tech demo: cloud-based multi-GPU rendering
March 19, 2019
3DMark is now available on China’s largest games portal
March 11, 2019
UL contributes ray tracing expertise to new book
March 7, 2019
Two new benchmarks coming to PCMark 10
February 25, 2019
3DMark adds DLSS performance test
February 4, 2019
3DMark Android v2.0.4589 update released
January 16, 2019
3DMark Port Royal ray tracing benchmark now available
January 8, 2019
Top overclockers set new records in 3DMark ray tracing benchmark
December 12, 2018
New trailer and release date for 3DMark Port Royal ray tracing benchmark
December 8, 2018
New ray tracing benchmark coming to 3DMark in January 2019
November 29, 2018
OPPO promises changes after 3DMark delisting
October 31, 2018
UL delists Oppo phones with suspect benchmark scores
October 18, 2018
New 3DMark benchmark for DirectX 12 integrated graphics
October 8, 2018
Two new benchmarks coming to 3DMark
September 20, 2018