PCMark 8 update adds Windows 8.1 compatibility
October 10, 2013
We've released an update for PCMark 8 Professional Edition that enables Windows 8.1 compatibility, introduces new options for testing OpenCL, and adds detailed hardware monitoring graphs.
PCMark 8 includes five benchmark tests covering a variety of scenarios from home to business use. There is a dedicated Storage benchmark for testing SSDs and HDDs and an Applications benchmark that uses Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite. PCMark 8 also includes battery life testing tools.
While this update only applies to PCMark 8 Professional Edition, the good news is that it clears the way for PCMark 8 Basic and Advanced, which we now expect to release within the next couple of weeks.
PCMark 8 Professional Edition v1.1.111
This update adds compatibility with Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer 11, introduces new options for testing OpenCL, and adds detailed hardware monitoring graphs.
- Scores from the Work, Storage and Applications benchmarks are not affected by this update.
- Scores from the Home and Creative benchmarks should not be compared with scores from previous versions of PCMark 8 due to the addition of new run modes for those tests.
PCMark v1.1.111 uses a new installer. If your system has an older version of PCMark 8 installed, you should manually uninstall it using Add/Remove Programs in the Windows Control Panel before installing this update. You should also manually uninstall SystemInfo.
- The Home and Creative benchmarks now offer a choice of run modes.
- Conventional mode does not use OpenCL, reflecting how the majority of software works today.
- Accelerated mode uses OpenCL acceleration, anticipating how software will work in the future.
- New interactive graphs show hardware monitoring data from each benchmark run.
- Progress windows now show estimated time for each test.
- SystemInfo scan is now at least 50% faster.
- Compatible with Windows 8.1.
- Compatible with Internet Explorer 11.
- SystemInfo updated to v4.21 for improved compatibility with the latest hardware.
- New troubleshooting options for OpenCL device selection in Help tab.
- Fixed an issue in the Web Browsing test that could cause the test to hang.
- Fixed an issue with Video Chat and Video Group Chat showing empty windows.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Video Chat tests to return inaccurate results.
- Fixed a crash on 32 bit versions of Windows.
Lenovo Focuses on Optimizing PC Hardware Testing with Procyon® Benchmarks
May 9, 2023
New Office Productivity Battery Life Scenario Released Today From Procyon®
May 4, 2023
Procyon® from UL Solutions Launch MacOS Benchmarks for Multi-Platform Score Comparison
May 2, 2023
3DMark adds feature test for AMD FSR.
March 30, 2023
UL Procyon® AI Inference Benchmark for Windows Released 22nd March 2023
March 20, 2023
3DMark NVIDIA DLSS feature test adds DLSS 3 support.
October 19, 2022
3DMark Speed Way is now available
October 12, 2022
3DMark Speed Way is launching on October 12.
October 10, 2022
New 3DMark feature test for Intel XeSS.
October 5, 2022
New UL Procyon Battery Life Benchmark for Windows PCs
June 30, 2022
Peek inside the 3DMark Speed Way graphics engine
March 24, 2022
Introducing the Build & Benchmark bundle
March 3, 2022
Get ready for 3DMark Speed Way
February 28, 2022
New languages for 3DMark and an improved Storage Benchmark result screen
December 10, 2021
3DMark adds new SSD benchmark for gamers
November 10, 2021