PCMark 8 update adds Windows 8.1 compatibility
October 10, 2013
We've released an update for PCMark 8 Professional Edition that enables Windows 8.1 compatibility, introduces new options for testing OpenCL, and adds detailed hardware monitoring graphs.
PCMark 8 includes five benchmark tests covering a variety of scenarios from home to business use. There is a dedicated Storage benchmark for testing SSDs and HDDs and an Applications benchmark that uses Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite. PCMark 8 also includes battery life testing tools.
While this update only applies to PCMark 8 Professional Edition, the good news is that it clears the way for PCMark 8 Basic and Advanced, which we now expect to release within the next couple of weeks.
PCMark 8 Professional Edition v1.1.111
This update adds compatibility with Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer 11, introduces new options for testing OpenCL, and adds detailed hardware monitoring graphs.
- Scores from the Work, Storage and Applications benchmarks are not affected by this update.
- Scores from the Home and Creative benchmarks should not be compared with scores from previous versions of PCMark 8 due to the addition of new run modes for those tests.
PCMark v1.1.111 uses a new installer. If your system has an older version of PCMark 8 installed, you should manually uninstall it using Add/Remove Programs in the Windows Control Panel before installing this update. You should also manually uninstall SystemInfo.
- The Home and Creative benchmarks now offer a choice of run modes.
- Conventional mode does not use OpenCL, reflecting how the majority of software works today.
- Accelerated mode uses OpenCL acceleration, anticipating how software will work in the future.
- New interactive graphs show hardware monitoring data from each benchmark run.
- Progress windows now show estimated time for each test.
- SystemInfo scan is now at least 50% faster.
- Compatible with Windows 8.1.
- Compatible with Internet Explorer 11.
- SystemInfo updated to v4.21 for improved compatibility with the latest hardware.
- New troubleshooting options for OpenCL device selection in Help tab.
- Fixed an issue in the Web Browsing test that could cause the test to hang.
- Fixed an issue with Video Chat and Video Group Chat showing empty windows.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Video Chat tests to return inaccurate results.
- Fixed a crash on 32 bit versions of Windows.
Reduce the risk of data loss with Testdriver Storage Health Test
August 26, 2021
Experience DirectX 12 Ultimate with 3DMark
August 25, 2021
New CPU benchmarks for gamers and overclockers
June 24, 2021
New security and reporting features in Testdriver Cloud Edition
May 25, 2021
PCMark for Android adds new Work 3.0 benchmark with 64-bit support
May 12, 2021
New 3DMark benchmark for Windows, macOS, iOS and Android
May 3, 2021
New 3DMark test measures mesh shader performance
February 11, 2021
Announcing end of support for PCMark 8, 3DMark Sky Diver, and VRMark for Android benchmarks
December 16, 2020
Easy PC health monitoring for IT professionals
December 3, 2020
New benchmarks from UL help content creators choose a PC
November 30, 2020
Enhancing 3DMark benchmark results with game performance data
November 25, 2020
New 3DMark test measures pure ray-tracing performance
November 2, 2020
New cross-platform benchmark for Android, iOS and Windows
October 15, 2020
Benchmark the AI performance of Android devices
September 21, 2020
Benchmark new NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30-Series GPUs with 3DMark
September 17, 2020