PCMark 8 update adds Windows 8.1 compatibility
October 10, 2013
We've released an update for PCMark 8 Professional Edition that enables Windows 8.1 compatibility, introduces new options for testing OpenCL, and adds detailed hardware monitoring graphs.
PCMark 8 includes five benchmark tests covering a variety of scenarios from home to business use. There is a dedicated Storage benchmark for testing SSDs and HDDs and an Applications benchmark that uses Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite. PCMark 8 also includes battery life testing tools.
While this update only applies to PCMark 8 Professional Edition, the good news is that it clears the way for PCMark 8 Basic and Advanced, which we now expect to release within the next couple of weeks.
PCMark 8 Professional Edition v1.1.111
This update adds compatibility with Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer 11, introduces new options for testing OpenCL, and adds detailed hardware monitoring graphs.
- Scores from the Work, Storage and Applications benchmarks are not affected by this update.
- Scores from the Home and Creative benchmarks should not be compared with scores from previous versions of PCMark 8 due to the addition of new run modes for those tests.
PCMark v1.1.111 uses a new installer. If your system has an older version of PCMark 8 installed, you should manually uninstall it using Add/Remove Programs in the Windows Control Panel before installing this update. You should also manually uninstall SystemInfo.
- The Home and Creative benchmarks now offer a choice of run modes.
- Conventional mode does not use OpenCL, reflecting how the majority of software works today.
- Accelerated mode uses OpenCL acceleration, anticipating how software will work in the future.
- New interactive graphs show hardware monitoring data from each benchmark run.
- Progress windows now show estimated time for each test.
- SystemInfo scan is now at least 50% faster.
- Compatible with Windows 8.1.
- Compatible with Internet Explorer 11.
- SystemInfo updated to v4.21 for improved compatibility with the latest hardware.
- New troubleshooting options for OpenCL device selection in Help tab.
- Fixed an issue in the Web Browsing test that could cause the test to hang.
- Fixed an issue with Video Chat and Video Group Chat showing empty windows.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Video Chat tests to return inaccurate results.
- Fixed a crash on 32 bit versions of Windows.
3DMark adds DLSS performance test
February 4, 2019
3DMark Android v2.0.4589 update released
January 16, 2019
3DMark Port Royal ray tracing benchmark now available
January 8, 2019
Top overclockers set new records in 3DMark ray tracing benchmark
December 12, 2018
New trailer and release date for 3DMark Port Royal ray tracing benchmark
December 8, 2018
New ray tracing benchmark coming to 3DMark in January 2019
November 29, 2018
OPPO promises changes after 3DMark delisting
October 31, 2018
UL delists Oppo phones with suspect benchmark scores
October 18, 2018
New 3DMark benchmark for DirectX 12 integrated graphics
October 8, 2018
Two new benchmarks coming to 3DMark
September 20, 2018
UL and Huawei issue joint statement about benchmark optimization
September 7, 2018
UL delists Huawei phones with suspect benchmark scores
September 6, 2018
Servermark VDI benchmark is now available
August 27, 2018
VRMark, the VR benchmark, now available on Android
June 14, 2018
We're moving to a new home on April 23
April 3, 2018