PCMark 8 version 2.0 is here!
January 17, 2014
We're starting 2014 with a major update for PCMark 8. This update improves the Home, Creative and Work benchmarks with new tests using popular open source applications for image processing, video editing and spreadsheets. We've added a wider variety of workloads to the Work benchmark to better reflect the way PCs are used in enterprise environments. And for Professional Edition users, the Storage benchmark has been expanded with two new options that enable specialist analysis of drive performance.
What's new in PCMark 8 v 2.0.191
This is a major update that adds new tests and workloads. Scores from the Home, Creative and Work benchmarks in PCMark 8 v2.0 are not comparable with scores from v1.2.157 or other previous versions. This update adds a new Compatibility Mode setting to the Professional and Advanced Editions that enables you to run older versions of each test for times when you need to compare scores with historical benchmark results.
These notes are a summary of the changes in this update. Please read the PCMark 8 Technical Guide for detailed descriptions of the new tests and workloads.
- Home updated to version 3.0. Scores should not be compared with previous versions.
- New Photo Editing test using the open source ImageMagick library and a wider variety of image processing operations.
- Video Chat test now features improved face detection and performance. The test has been updated to use OpenCV 2.4.7.
- Creative updated to version 3.0. Scores should not be compared with previous versions.
- Photo Editing test using the open source ImageMagick library and a wider variety of image processing operations.
- Video Editing part 2 now uses source material in 4K UHD resolution (3840x2160).
- Video Group Chat test now features improved face detection and performance. The test has been updated to use OpenCV 2.4.7.
- Work updated to version 2.0. Scores should not be compared with previous versions.
- Work version 2.0 adds a new Spreadsheet test and includes the Video Chat test to provide a more varied and representative benchmark of office productivity use.
- New Spreadsheet test using LibreOffice Calc, a part of the open-source productivity suite from The Document Foundation.
- Added Video Chat test to the benchmark.
- Storage updated to version 1.1. Scores are comparable with previous versions.
- Added Expanded Storage tests for specialist analysis of drive performance, (PCMark 8 Professional Edition only).
Compatibility Mode enables you to run the Home, Creative and Work benchmarks from version 1.2.157 for instances when you need to compare scores against historical result data, (PCMark 8 Professional and Advanced Editions only).
Download PCMark 8
Benchmarks.ul.com is now available in German
July 9, 2020
UL Delists MediaTek-Powered Phones with Suspect Benchmark Scores
April 15, 2020
PCMark 10 Storage Benchmarks add new language support
February 20, 2020
PCMark 10 benchmark shows performance improvement with new Microsoft Edge browser
February 6, 2020
3DMark is now available in Traditional Chinese
January 21, 2020
Announcing end of support for 3DMark 11, PCMark 7, Powermark, 3DMark Cloud Gate, and 3DMark Ice Storm
December 19, 2019
Test SSD performance with new PCMark 10 Storage Benchmarks
December 11, 2019
New ways to test Variable-Rate Shading with 3DMark
December 5, 2019
Test Variable-Rate Shading with 3DMark
August 26, 2019
Variable-Rate Shading test coming to 3DMark
July 18, 2019
Test PCIe 4.0 bandwidth with 3DMark
June 25, 2019
New PCIe 4.0 test coming to 3DMark
June 11, 2019
PCMark 10 introduces a better way to test battery life
May 27, 2019
Now you can test PC performance with Microsoft Office apps in PCMark 10
May 27, 2019
New drivers enable ray tracing on NVIDIA GeForce GTX graphics cards
April 11, 2019