PCMark 8 v2.6.512 update released
January 19, 2016
This major update accommodates a change in the latest version of Adobe After Effects and provides better support for NVMe SSDs. These changes affect the workloads in the Adobe Applications benchmark and the Storage benchmark. Scores from the new versions of these tests should not be compared with older versions. Home, Creative, and Work benchmark scores are not affected.
Adobe Applications benchmark
- Adobe Applications benchmark has been updated to version 2.0. Scores should not be compared with earlier versions.
- The After Effects test output has been changed to uncompressed AVI format as the latest version of Adobe After Effects CC no longer supports output to compressed Windows Media Video format.
- Use Compatibility mode to compare scores with historical result data, also requires an older version of After Effects that supports Windows Media Video.
- The Storage and Expanded Storage benchmarks have been updated to version 2.0. Scores should not be compared with earlier versions.
- The tests now provide better support for NVMe drives. Scores from NVMe drives will improve in some cases. The faster the drive, the bigger the difference. Other types of drive are unaffected.
- General stability and error handling have been improved.
- SystemInfo module updated to 4.41 for improved hardware compatibility.
- Video Chat test now works even when there is no audio device in the system.
- Fixed a bug that could cause PCMark 8 to crash when the SystemInfo module failed.
- Fixed several issues found on non-English language Windows installations.
Professional Edition only
- Command line now offers temp path selection.
- XML output now shows battery life in minutes not seconds for more intuitive results.
Benchmark the AI performance of Android devices
September 21, 2020
Benchmark new NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30-Series GPUs with 3DMark
September 17, 2020
Introducing Testdriver Cloud Edition—Easy benchmark automation
September 15, 2020
Benchmarks.ul.com is now available in German
July 9, 2020
UL Delists MediaTek-Powered Phones with Suspect Benchmark Scores
April 15, 2020
PCMark 10 Storage Benchmarks add new language support
February 20, 2020
PCMark 10 benchmark shows performance improvement with new Microsoft Edge browser
February 6, 2020
3DMark is now available in Traditional Chinese
January 21, 2020
Announcing end of support for 3DMark 11, PCMark 7, Powermark, 3DMark Cloud Gate, and 3DMark Ice Storm
December 19, 2019
Test SSD performance with new PCMark 10 Storage Benchmarks
December 11, 2019
New ways to test Variable-Rate Shading with 3DMark
December 5, 2019
Test Variable-Rate Shading with 3DMark
August 26, 2019
Variable-Rate Shading test coming to 3DMark
July 18, 2019
Test PCIe 4.0 bandwidth with 3DMark
June 25, 2019
New PCIe 4.0 test coming to 3DMark
June 11, 2019