PCMark 8 v2.6.512 update released
January 19, 2016
This major update accommodates a change in the latest version of Adobe After Effects and provides better support for NVMe SSDs. These changes affect the workloads in the Adobe Applications benchmark and the Storage benchmark. Scores from the new versions of these tests should not be compared with older versions. Home, Creative, and Work benchmark scores are not affected.
Adobe Applications benchmark
- Adobe Applications benchmark has been updated to version 2.0. Scores should not be compared with earlier versions.
- The After Effects test output has been changed to uncompressed AVI format as the latest version of Adobe After Effects CC no longer supports output to compressed Windows Media Video format.
- Use Compatibility mode to compare scores with historical result data, also requires an older version of After Effects that supports Windows Media Video.
- The Storage and Expanded Storage benchmarks have been updated to version 2.0. Scores should not be compared with earlier versions.
- The tests now provide better support for NVMe drives. Scores from NVMe drives will improve in some cases. The faster the drive, the bigger the difference. Other types of drive are unaffected.
- General stability and error handling have been improved.
- SystemInfo module updated to 4.41 for improved hardware compatibility.
- Video Chat test now works even when there is no audio device in the system.
- Fixed a bug that could cause PCMark 8 to crash when the SystemInfo module failed.
- Fixed several issues found on non-English language Windows installations.
Professional Edition only
- Command line now offers temp path selection.
- XML output now shows battery life in minutes not seconds for more intuitive results.
New CPU benchmarks for gamers and overclockers
June 24, 2021
New security and reporting features in Testdriver Cloud Edition
May 25, 2021
PCMark for Android adds new Work 3.0 benchmark with 64-bit support
May 12, 2021
New 3DMark benchmark for Windows, macOS, iOS and Android
May 3, 2021
New 3DMark test measures mesh shader performance
February 11, 2021
Announcing end of support for PCMark 8, 3DMark Sky Diver, and VRMark for Android benchmarks
December 16, 2020
Easy PC health monitoring for IT professionals
December 3, 2020
New benchmarks from UL help content creators choose a PC
November 30, 2020
Enhancing 3DMark benchmark results with game performance data
November 25, 2020
New 3DMark test measures pure ray-tracing performance
November 2, 2020
New cross-platform benchmark for Android, iOS and Windows
October 15, 2020
Benchmark the AI performance of Android devices
September 21, 2020
Benchmark new NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30-Series GPUs with 3DMark
September 17, 2020
Introducing Testdriver Cloud Edition—Easy benchmark automation
September 15, 2020
Benchmarks.ul.com is now available in German
July 9, 2020