PCMark 8 v2.6.512 update released
January 19, 2016
This major update accommodates a change in the latest version of Adobe After Effects and provides better support for NVMe SSDs. These changes affect the workloads in the Adobe Applications benchmark and the Storage benchmark. Scores from the new versions of these tests should not be compared with older versions. Home, Creative, and Work benchmark scores are not affected.
Adobe Applications benchmark
- Adobe Applications benchmark has been updated to version 2.0. Scores should not be compared with earlier versions.
- The After Effects test output has been changed to uncompressed AVI format as the latest version of Adobe After Effects CC no longer supports output to compressed Windows Media Video format.
- Use Compatibility mode to compare scores with historical result data, also requires an older version of After Effects that supports Windows Media Video.
- The Storage and Expanded Storage benchmarks have been updated to version 2.0. Scores should not be compared with earlier versions.
- The tests now provide better support for NVMe drives. Scores from NVMe drives will improve in some cases. The faster the drive, the bigger the difference. Other types of drive are unaffected.
- General stability and error handling have been improved.
- SystemInfo module updated to 4.41 for improved hardware compatibility.
- Video Chat test now works even when there is no audio device in the system.
- Fixed a bug that could cause PCMark 8 to crash when the SystemInfo module failed.
- Fixed several issues found on non-English language Windows installations.
Professional Edition only
- Command line now offers temp path selection.
- XML output now shows battery life in minutes not seconds for more intuitive results.
3DMark is now available in Traditional Chinese
January 21, 2020
Announcing end of support for 3DMark 11, PCMark 7, Powermark, 3DMark Cloud Gate, and 3DMark Ice Storm
December 19, 2019
Test SSD performance with new PCMark 10 Storage Benchmarks
December 11, 2019
New ways to test Variable-Rate Shading with 3DMark
December 5, 2019
Test Variable-Rate Shading with 3DMark
August 26, 2019
Variable-Rate Shading test coming to 3DMark
July 18, 2019
Test PCIe 4.0 bandwidth with 3DMark
June 25, 2019
New PCIe 4.0 test coming to 3DMark
June 11, 2019
PCMark 10 introduces a better way to test battery life
May 27, 2019
Now you can test PC performance with Microsoft Office apps in PCMark 10
May 27, 2019
New drivers enable ray tracing on NVIDIA GeForce GTX graphics cards
April 11, 2019
Google Stadia tech demo: cloud-based multi-GPU rendering
March 19, 2019
3DMark is now available on China’s largest games portal
March 11, 2019
UL contributes ray tracing expertise to new book
March 7, 2019
Two new benchmarks coming to PCMark 10
February 25, 2019