PCMark Vantage version 1.2.0 released
March 4, 2013
PCMark Vantage has been updated to version 1.2.0 and is now compatible with Windows 8, with some limitations. Benchmark scores are not affected and scores from this new version are comparable with PCMark Vantage v1.0.2.
PCMark Vantage TV and Movie suite uses the MPEG2 codec. As DVD playback functionality is not included in Windows 8 by default, we recommend using PCMark 7 for benchmarking Windows 8 systems.
To get the update, download PCMark Vantage version 1.2.0 installer.
The major changes in PCMark Vantage 1.2.0 include:
- Trial edition removed. PCMark Vantage Basic Edition is now free and can be run an unlimited number of times without registration or restrictions.
- The benchmark no longer tracks application focus, which helps avoid unintentionally ending the benchmark run. Using the PC for other tasks while running the benchmark will influence the benchmark score and should still be avoided.
- Now compatible with Windows 8, however, the TV and Movies suite requires DVD playback capability (MPEG2) which is not available in Windows 8 by default. The missing functionality can be added by purchasing the Windows 8 Media Center Pack from Microsoft. Without the Media Center Pack the TV and Movies suite is skipped with a score of 0.
- Windows Mail test now works in Windows 8.
- SystemInfo updated to version 4.15 for Windows 8 compatibility.
Advanced and Professional Editions
- Fixed issues with opening saved benchmark result files.
New CPU benchmarks for gamers and overclockers
June 24, 2021
New security and reporting features in Testdriver Cloud Edition
May 25, 2021
PCMark for Android adds new Work 3.0 benchmark with 64-bit support
May 12, 2021
New 3DMark benchmark for Windows, macOS, iOS and Android
May 3, 2021
New 3DMark test measures mesh shader performance
February 11, 2021
Announcing end of support for PCMark 8, 3DMark Sky Diver, and VRMark for Android benchmarks
December 16, 2020
Easy PC health monitoring for IT professionals
December 3, 2020
New benchmarks from UL help content creators choose a PC
November 30, 2020
Enhancing 3DMark benchmark results with game performance data
November 25, 2020
New 3DMark test measures pure ray-tracing performance
November 2, 2020
New cross-platform benchmark for Android, iOS and Windows
October 15, 2020
Benchmark the AI performance of Android devices
September 21, 2020
Benchmark new NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30-Series GPUs with 3DMark
September 17, 2020
Introducing Testdriver Cloud Edition—Easy benchmark automation
September 15, 2020
Benchmarks.ul.com is now available in German
July 9, 2020