PCMark Vantage version 1.2.0 released
March 4, 2013
PCMark Vantage has been updated to version 1.2.0 and is now compatible with Windows 8, with some limitations. Benchmark scores are not affected and scores from this new version are comparable with PCMark Vantage v1.0.2.
PCMark Vantage TV and Movie suite uses the MPEG2 codec. As DVD playback functionality is not included in Windows 8 by default, we recommend using PCMark 7 for benchmarking Windows 8 systems.
To get the update, download PCMark Vantage version 1.2.0 installer.
The major changes in PCMark Vantage 1.2.0 include:
- Trial edition removed. PCMark Vantage Basic Edition is now free and can be run an unlimited number of times without registration or restrictions.
- The benchmark no longer tracks application focus, which helps avoid unintentionally ending the benchmark run. Using the PC for other tasks while running the benchmark will influence the benchmark score and should still be avoided.
- Now compatible with Windows 8, however, the TV and Movies suite requires DVD playback capability (MPEG2) which is not available in Windows 8 by default. The missing functionality can be added by purchasing the Windows 8 Media Center Pack from Microsoft. Without the Media Center Pack the TV and Movies suite is skipped with a score of 0.
- Windows Mail test now works in Windows 8.
- SystemInfo updated to version 4.15 for Windows 8 compatibility.
Advanced and Professional Editions
- Fixed issues with opening saved benchmark result files.
UL Delists MediaTek-Powered Phones with Suspect Benchmark Scores
April 15, 2020
PCMark 10 Storage Benchmarks add new language support
February 20, 2020
PCMark 10 benchmark shows performance improvement with new Microsoft Edge browser
February 6, 2020
3DMark is now available in Traditional Chinese
January 21, 2020
Announcing end of support for 3DMark 11, PCMark 7, Powermark, 3DMark Cloud Gate, and 3DMark Ice Storm
December 19, 2019
Test SSD performance with new PCMark 10 Storage Benchmarks
December 11, 2019
New ways to test Variable-Rate Shading with 3DMark
December 5, 2019
Test Variable-Rate Shading with 3DMark
August 26, 2019
Variable-Rate Shading test coming to 3DMark
July 18, 2019
Test PCIe 4.0 bandwidth with 3DMark
June 25, 2019
New PCIe 4.0 test coming to 3DMark
June 11, 2019
PCMark 10 introduces a better way to test battery life
May 27, 2019
Now you can test PC performance with Microsoft Office apps in PCMark 10
May 27, 2019
New drivers enable ray tracing on NVIDIA GeForce GTX graphics cards
April 11, 2019
Google Stadia tech demo: cloud-based multi-GPU rendering
March 19, 2019