Recommend your Android device with 3DMark
February 21, 2014
We've updated our 3DMark Android benchmark app. The main change is a new feature that lets you recommend your phone or tablet to other 3DMark users. You can already see mobile devices ranked by popularity on our website. Soon you'll be able to see which phones and tablets generate the most personal recommendations too.
The other changes in this update help prepare 3DMark for our new OpenGL ES 3.0 tests, which are coming soon. For a start, 3DMark now supports the ability to install and uninstall benchmark tests from within the app. With this change you will be able to better manage the limited storage space on your device by installing only the most suitable 3DMark benchmark tests.
We've made it easier to install 3DMark on to AOSP devices, and to install via sideloading when there is no network available.
Finally, we've also translated 3DMark into Simplified Chinese to better support our users in China and the surrounding area.
New in 3DMark Android 1.3.1309
Benchmark scores are unaffected by this update.
- Do you love your phone? Let other 3DMark users know with the new Recommend My Device feature.
- 3DMark Android benchmark is now available in Simplified Chinese.
- 3DMark now supports the ability to install and uninstall benchmark tests from within the app. Look out for new tests coming soon.
- Improved UI rendering performance.
- Now requires Android 4.0.0 or higher. Android 3.2 support has been retired.
- Fixed a compatibility issue affecting Sony Xperia SP and Samsung Galaxy S III models with the Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8960 chip.
- Improved reliability on devices with less than the recommended 1 GB of memory.
- Support for installing 3DMark on AOSP devices that cannot access the Google Play store.
- Sideloading support for networkless installation.
3DMark is a free Android benchmark app available from Google Play.
New CPU benchmarks for gamers and overclockers
June 24, 2021
New security and reporting features in Testdriver Cloud Edition
May 25, 2021
PCMark for Android adds new Work 3.0 benchmark with 64-bit support
May 12, 2021
New 3DMark benchmark for Windows, macOS, iOS and Android
May 3, 2021
New 3DMark test measures mesh shader performance
February 11, 2021
Announcing end of support for PCMark 8, 3DMark Sky Diver, and VRMark for Android benchmarks
December 16, 2020
Easy PC health monitoring for IT professionals
December 3, 2020
New benchmarks from UL help content creators choose a PC
November 30, 2020
Enhancing 3DMark benchmark results with game performance data
November 25, 2020
New 3DMark test measures pure ray-tracing performance
November 2, 2020
New cross-platform benchmark for Android, iOS and Windows
October 15, 2020
Benchmark the AI performance of Android devices
September 21, 2020
Benchmark new NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30-Series GPUs with 3DMark
September 17, 2020
Introducing Testdriver Cloud Edition—Easy benchmark automation
September 15, 2020
Benchmarks.ul.com is now available in German
July 9, 2020