MadOnion.com Introduces XL-R8R
September 22, 2000
Toronto, Ontario– September 22, 2000– MadOnion.com (formerly Futuremark Corporation), the leading provider of PC performance information and Web services, today announced the release of XL-R8R (pronounced Accelerator), the first intelligent PC hardware upgrade recommendations service. XL-R8R allows a user to profile their PC configuration and get personalized recommendations on how to improve the PC’s performance effectively and affordably.
The World’s First Intelligent PC Hardware Recommendations Service
XL-R8R Provides Personalized and Unique Recommendations On How to Improve PC Performance
Developed for the PC user interested in exploring their system, XL-R8R tells individuals precisely how to enhance their PC’s performance – XL-R8R not only tells the user how to maximize the efficiency of their home office applications and improve their gaming experience, it also offers solutions for issues such as how to improve their PC’s performance in order to optimize their Video/DVD experience.
XL-R8R works by gathering a matrix of performance indicators from the user’s PC system in order to inspect the PC’s hardware configuration. Having attained this information, XL-R8R then accesses MadOnion.com’s Internet PC Performance Database in order to provide detailed performance analysis and upgrade recommendations tailored specifically for each individual user. The performance database contains hundreds of thousands of 3DMark, Video2000, and SYSmark2000 results and provides the user with a PC Performance Score that reflects results from comparable systems from around the globe.
“Not everyone who owns a PC system is a computer expert, but many of these users want to know more about which component of their computer – from the video card to the CPU to the RAM – to upgrade in order to improve their PC’s performance,” said Nathan Harley, VP of Marketing, MadOnion.com. “XL-R8R allows PC users to tap into our extensive PC Performance Database of over 1 million benchmarking results and share the expertise of our global community of users.”
Key Features of XL-R8R include:
- XL-R8R is the world's first Intelligent PC Hardware Upgrade Recommendations Service, developed by MadOnion.com and delivered by its vast PC Performance Database
- The very latest in 3D-Graphics: XL-R8R's visuals treat users to the very latest in PC-Graphics, and give them an idea of where PC games could be going in the future.
- Membership in the MadOnion.com Community: We encourage users to join our discussion groups and chat rooms for in-depth information regarding all the PC-Hardware issues.
- Know Your PC: Users can teach themselves the most important internal components of their beloved beige box. Entertain the many wonderful possibilities of PC upgrading.
- Boost System Performance... for Free: Make sure things run as smoothly and as fast as they can with the latest tips and tricks from MadOnion.com.
- All Points Maintenance Check: XL-R8R makes maintaining a PC for maximum efficiency an absolute breeze.
- Compare and Share: XL-R8R gives users a system score, as well as a detailed and summarized System report, that allows them to compare results and system specs with friends.
- Help in Dealing with Customer/Technical Support: A printout of the Summarized System Report will make discussing problems with Hardware Technical Support Departments much less frustrating. XL-R8R provides users with system specs in a format that is easy to read.
Minimum System Requirements for XL-R8R
- Intel® Celeron® processor 300+MHz or compatible
- 64 MB of memory 50 MB of free hard disk space
- Microsoft Windows 95, 98, ME or Windows 2000 Professional
- Microsoft DirectX 7
- 3D Accelerator similar or above an ATI Rage128, nVidia RivaTNT or 3Dfx Voodoo3
- A desktop resolution of 640x480 with 16bit colors, or better
- Access to the Internet is required to use XL-R8R's online services
Pricing and Availability
XL-R8R is available now as a free shareware download at www.MadOnion.com.
An XL-R8R CD, packed with bonus materials, can be purchased from www.MadOnion.com/products/purchase/#xl-r8r for $14.99 USD plus $4.99 shipping and handling.
MadOnion.com is the leading provider of PC performance information and Web services. Powered by an Internet-based engine, MadOnion.com is known for its leading-edge benchmark products such as 3DMark™ 99 MAX, 3DMark™ 2000, and Video2000. MadOnion.com, in strategic alliance with BAPCo, serves as the diffusion partner for SYSmark®2000 and as co-developer of WebMark2001. MadOnion.com has offices in San Jose, Toronto and Helsinki. For more information, please visit www.MadOnion.com.
3DMark™, Futuremark™, MadOnion.com™ are trademarks of MadOnion.com formerly Futuremark Corporation, Ltd. MAX-FX Technology™ is a trademark of Remedy Entertainment, Ltd. All other brands and names are property of their respective owners.
For more information please refer to http://company.MadOnion.com/products/xl-r8r/ or contact:
Vice President, Marketing
High Road Communications
New NPUs supported by Procyon AI Benchmark
November 16, 2023
A preview of 3DMark Steel Nomad
November 10, 2023
Qualcomm Uses Procyon AI Benchmark at Snapdragon Summit
November 1, 2023
3DMark celebrates its 25th year!
October 26, 2023
3DMark Adds iOS Support to Solar Bay Ray Tracing Benchmark
September 11, 2023
UL Solutions Launches 3DMark Solar Bay, New Cross-Platform Ray Tracing Benchmark
August 14, 2023
3DMark is now also available on Epic Games Store
June 20, 2023
Procyon® Is Addressing the Demand for Better AI Capabilities with Newly Launched AI Benchmark
June 15, 2023
Lenovo Focuses on Optimizing PC Hardware Testing with Procyon® Benchmarks
May 9, 2023
New Office Productivity Battery Life Scenario Released Today From Procyon®
May 4, 2023
Procyon® from UL Solutions Launch MacOS Benchmarks for Multi-Platform Score Comparison
May 2, 2023
3DMark adds feature test for AMD FSR.
March 30, 2023
UL Procyon® AI Inference Benchmark for Windows Released 22nd March 2023
March 20, 2023
3DMark NVIDIA DLSS feature test adds DLSS 3 support.
October 19, 2022
3DMark Speed Way is now available
October 12, 2022