3DMark updates and upgrades
When you buy 3DMark, you get all the tests that have been released to date.
We update 3DMark regularly so that you can benchmark the latest hardware and graphics APIs.
Since 2013, we've added more than a dozen new benchmarks and stress tests. We've redesigned the app (twice) and added new features. We make sure that 3DMark supports new hardware and drivers.
When you buy 3DMark today, you benefit from over seven years of continuous development, updates, and enhancements. And we're just getting started.
Every year, we add new benchmarks, tests, and features to 3DMark.
Many of these updates will be free, even in 3DMark Basic Edition and the 3DMark Demo on Steam.
Some new tests, like Wild Life and our latest feature tests, will only be available to people who own the paid version of 3DMark.
And a few major releases, like Time Spy Extreme and Port Royal, will be available as an upgrade that costs a little more, (but always much less than if they were released as a standalone "3DMark 2021" product).
Major 3DMark updates
|2013||Ice Storm, Ice Storm Extreme, Cloud Gate, Fire Strike, Fire Strike Extreme|
|2014||Fire Strike Ultra, Sky Diver|
|2015||API Overhead feature test|
|2016||Time Spy, Stress Tests|
|2017||Time Spy Extreme, API Overhead (Vulkan)|
|2019||Port Royal, NVIDIA DLSS feature test, PCI Express feature test, VRS feature test|
|2020||Wild Life, DirectX Raytracing feature test, NVIDIA DLSS feature test (DLSS 2).|
|2021||Wild Life Extreme, Mesh Shader feature test|
3DMark Port Royal upgrade
For people who bought 3DMark before January 8, 2019
The Port Royal upgrade adds new tests and features for testing the real-time ray tracing and DLSS performance of the latest graphics cards.
- Adds Port Royal, a real-time ray tracing benchmark test.
- Adds Port Royal Stress Test.
- Custom benchmark settings for Port Royal.
- Adds DirectX Raytracing feature test.
- Adds NVIDIA DLSS feature test.
3DMark Time Spy upgrade
For people who bought 3DMark before July 14, 2016
The Time Spy Upgrade unlocks additional tests, features, and settings for the set of DirectX 12 benchmarks in 3DMark.
- Adds Time Spy Extreme, a 4K DirectX 12 benchmark test.
- Stress testing with Time Spy Extreme, Time Spy, and Night Raid.
- Custom benchmark settings for Time Spy Extreme, Time Spy, and Night Raid.
- Skip demo option for Time Spy Extreme, Time Spy, and Night Raid.
- Save results offline for Time Spy Extreme, Time Spy, and Night Raid.